General Info – Routes – SAG Info – Day of Ride Info
This fantastic ride is a fundraiser and a great family event. It is a non-competitive ride that takes you through scenic rural countryside. Proceeds go to pay for ride expenses and toward the construction of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail. Help us close the gap!
**No refunds after May 17 as we need to order supplies. Please keep in mind this event is a fundraiser.
General Info about the Pumpkinvine Bike Ride (PBR)
During the day, riders can choose from three basic routes this year, trail, 50 or 100. Which ever route you ride you will experience the serene farmland of northern Indiana. Roll past working Amish farms, pastures, creeks, and communities. If pass a horse and buggy, make sure you give them plenty of room so you don’t spook them.
- Start Location: Elkhart County Fairgrounds, Goshen, IN Gate 1
- Date: Saturday, June 17, 2016
- Ride Hours: 7am – 5pm EST
- Cost: $30, after May 17 the cost is $50 (on-site registration available)
|Trail ~ 22 miles||7:30-10:30 am EST||Middlebury||Goshen -> Middlebury -> Goshen|
|Trail ~ 37 miles||7:30-10:30 am EST||Shipshewana or Middlebury||Goshen -> Middlebury -> Shipshewana -> Goshen|
|~52 miles |
Start on road, end on trail
|7:00-9:00 am EST||Shipshewana||Goshen -> head east toward Emma -> Shipshewana -> back to Goshen on the trail|
Start on road, end on trail
|7:00-9:00 am EST||Shipshewana or Middlebury||Goshen -> head east toward Emma
1st loop to Shipshewana
2nd loop through Bonneyville to Middlebury
3rd and 4th loop to Shipshewana
->back to Goshen on the trail
|You can stop at any SAG (Support and Gear or rest stop) if you need some food, drink or assistance.
Lunch for you depends on when you get started and your speed. It isn't a race, but be aware of the open times for the SAGs.
Several vehicles of volunteers will drive the designated routes as Roving SAGs to assist with flat tires or mechanical issues or minor cuts/scrapes.
Support And Gruba.k.a. rest stops
|Emma||7:30am-11am EST||Westview High School parking lot||Mini - snacks, gatorade/water|
|Middlebury||8am-3:30pm EST||Memorial Park|
105 N Main Street
|Full - Includes lunch|
|9:30am-3:30pm EST||Shipshewana Event Center||Full - includes lunch|
We may have another SAG depending on the final 100 mile route
|TBD||Mini - snacks, gatorade/water|
Day of Ride Info
- Enter Gate 1, park your vehicle
- Bring your bike to PBR Headquarters to check in before you ride.
- Make sure you get your wristband as it is your ticket to the SAGs/food.
- Before you ride: Read over this pre-ride checklist.
- Take a pre-ride photo in front of the event arch.
- Check the SAG open times.
- Please make note and follow the rules of the ride
- Carefully note the SAG hours and plan your pace accordingly. Our volunteers need to clean and pack up after their SAG closes. Let us know if you think you’ll not make the next SAG before they close.
- Ride on the Right – There are many riders, some are just using the trail and are not part of the PBR.
- Note the phone numbers for the roving SAGs and be aware of your location at all times. Our roving SAGs try to cover the route, but since there are over 100 miles of road and we have limited numbers of drivers, you might not see them often if at all. If you have a mechanical breakdown, we’ll try to get to you, but it could take a while.
- Take other routes at your own risk. We do not recommend exploring different routes on this ride. The Roving SAGs will only stay on the designated routes, unless we get a call from someone who is lost.
- Remember, if you don’t know where you are it is very tough for us to find you if you need assistance. Check road signs/intersections.
- Pay attention to your body. Make sure you stay properly hydrated and consume energy (food) in small quantities and often so you don’t “bonk” (get really tired or low on energy).
- If you are starting to “bonk” when on the 50 or 100 mile routes, you may want to take one of the designated shortcuts to get back to the trail quicker.
- Bring your bike up to PBR Headquarters.
- Get your pie and ice cream and check out the scene.
- Take advantage of photo ops.