Note: You must register for the Saturday ride as well.
The Friday Night Amish dinner ride is limited to riders who are also riding on Saturday. If you’ve never had an authentic Amish threshers meal, you’ll want to try and get on the list. You’ll take a 10-mile bike ride to an Amish home where you’ll partake in a hardy meal that’ll put “meat on your bones” and a smile on your face.
- Start Location:
- Meet at Woodlawn Church, 62861 Country Road 41, Goshen, IN 46528
- We are not starting at Elkhart County Fairgrounds
- WHEN: Friday, June 17, 2016, arrive between 4:30 and 4:45 pm at Woodlawn Church. (You will be directed to park on the south side of the Church). We will leave for the dinner by 5 pm.
- HOW MUCH: $30 + $30 for the Saturday ride if you register before May 17.
- Riders will meet at Woodlawn Church, 62861 Country Road 41, Goshen, IN 46528.
- The 10-mile route to dinner is a fairly flat 10 miles and should take about an hour. You will receive a map of the route when you check in at Woodlawn Church. There is no advantage in racing to the dinner, since we will not start dinner until all riders have arrived.
- The route, menu and dinner location are new this year.
- A support vehicle will follow the riders.
- Each rider will receive a map to the meal location. There are no road markings.
- We’ll park our bikes in the pasture next to the home.
- The meal is served family style, meaning they will bring in out the food in serving bowls or on platters. You take a serving and pass the plate.
- Save room for dessert as you’ll have your choice at the end of the meal.
- There is no vegan option with this meal. Vegetarians can enjoy the mashed potatoes, vegetables, bread, salad and pie.
- When we are done eating and have had a few minutes to digest, we’ll thank our hosts, mount up and bike back to our vehicles. We will arrive at our staging area before it gets dark.