We will play this by ear, but here are the general plans for inclement weather. You should have your own personal safety plan. If you are already on the ride, seek shelter. Here are suggestions from NOAA
- Light rain only – the ride is still a go
- Heavy torrential rain – delay releasing riders until it eases up
- Lightning/torrential rain – We’ll start with a delay before we cancel. The building at the fairgrounds is huge and should hold most riders and bikes or you can wait in your car. Hold riders until 30 minutes after the last thunder. (Lightning can travel an extraordinary distance)
- If lightning/torrential rain continues until 10 am, close the 100 mile route. 100 mile riders can still ride the shorter routes or have pie and ice cream and go home.
- If lightning/torrential rain continues until 11 am, close the 50 mile route. 100 and 50 mile riders can still ride the Trail route or have pie and ice cream and go home.
- If lightning/torrential rain continues until 12, cancel the ride, serve pie and ice cream to those who are still hanging around and send riders home.
These events are held as a fundraiser for the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail. Proceeds will help the Friends of the Pumpkinvine “Close the Gap” in the trail between Goshen and Middlebury and Shipshewana
We’ve listened to feedback from riders last year and are making changes to routes, food and the check-in process.
Go HERE to register
18th annual fundraiser ride
Amish-cooked Thresher's Dinner
|Saturday, June 17, 2017||Friday, June 16, 2017|
|7 am - 5 pm EDT|
Start and end at
Elkhart County Fairgrounds, Gate 1
|4:30-8 pm EDT
Meet at Woodlawn Church
62861 Country Road 41, Goshen, IN 46528
|$30 Early Registration, before May 17|
$50 After May 17
**No refunds after May 17
Routes: Choose from 22 to 103 mile routes
(This includes the Dinner Ride and the Saturday Bike Ride)
Limited to 100 people
You must be able to ride one hour at 10 mph.
|Children 13 and under are free (Age 17 and under must ride with an adult)||Children 6 and under $12.50
**No refunds after May 17 as we need to order supplies. Please keep in mind this event is a fundraiser.
T-Shirt ($15) – Can be purchased on-site the day of the ride.
Lightweight, roomy and highly breathable, these moisture-wicking t-shirt. 3.8-ounce, 100% polyester.
The three measurements in inches are chest, sleeve, body length at back.
|Size||Chest||Sleeve||Body Length at Back|
|Youth Small (Size 6/8)||26-28"||13.5"||21.5"|
|Youth Medium (Size 10/12)||28-30"||14.5"||23"|
|Youth Large (Size 14/16)||30-32"||15.5"||25"|